If you're not yet
signed up for my 7 Days To SEO
Domination Course, you can get access to it FREE here:
Off page ranking factors is synonymous with the term: backlinks or links
To rank highly in Google you NEED lots of quality links. (i.e. you need other websites linking to your website)
You can rank highly in Google for a keyword and not even have that word anywhere on your web page, IF your off page optimization is good. A good example of this is looking up the word, “Click Here” on Google and then seeing how adobe’s PDF reader page is ranked highly and the word “Click Here” is nowhere on the web page.
If your domain name is the keyword itself, you’re going to instantly get an advantage in Google. (i.e. your keyword is gift baskets, and you own giftbaskets.com)
Us the Yahoo Site Explorer to get a list of any website’s backlinks (i.e. a list of sites linking to whatever website you input). You can visit the Yahoo site explorer here:
Open up a spreadsheet and create the following columns:
– Website: The websites linking to whatever website you are analyzing (i.e. the website URL you input into the Yahoo Site Explorer)
– Outbound Links: The total number of links located on each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. The fewer the links on these pages, the more a link from that page will help you.
– Inbound Links: The total number of links pointing to each of the pages listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. You get this number by entering each website back into the Site Explorer. Higher the better.
– Page Rank: The Google page rank of each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. Page Rank 1 and up websites are best; however, don’t disregard PR0 websites as though will still help your ranking.
– IP Address: The IP Address of each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. You can get this by visiting http://www.who.is and inputting the domain name. The more links you can get from unique IP addresses, the better.
– Anchor Text: The actual link text located on each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer, that links back to the original website you’re analyzing. (i.e. Somewhere on each of these pages is a link to the original website you’re analyzing. You should visit each page and look for the link on the page. Then record what the actual link text says). You should use the keyword you want to rank well for in the anchor text of your links.
– Page Title: The title of the web page for each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. It’s good to have your main keyword in the title of each page linking to you. A helpful tip is if you own some of the sites linking to you, change the page title of those sites to match the keyword you’re trying to rank for.
– Website Age: The age of each page listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer. Links from old websites are extremely powerful and will boost your ranking. A link from a 5 year old site will likely help you more than a brand new site with a high Page Rank only. In my opinion Age is more important, so look for links from old websites.
You should go through all of the websites listed in the Yahoo Site Explorer and take fill out each column. This will take a long time if you’re not using tools to help speed up the process. SEO Elite is what I use to speed this process up so it takes 3 minutes instead of 3 hours.
You shouldn’t use the exact same anchor/link text in every link that you get from other websites. The reason is because it does not look natural. Google wants things to look natural. So, to make things look more natural to Google, you should vary up your anchor text. Get some links containing gift baskets. Get some links containing Christmas gift baskets. Get some links containing Buy Christmas Gift Baskets. Get some links containing http://www.YourWebsite.com as the anchor text. Vary it up A LOT.
SEO Elite will automate this entire process so you spend literally 3 minutes on this, instead of hours and hours. I start every single SEO campaign with SEO Elite first. I use it to reverse engineer any website’s entire off page ranking strategy. Then I simply do what they do and I outrank them every single time.
You can see more of what SEO Elite does here: http://www.seoelite.com
In the next lesson I’ll be sharing with you a ton of awesome link building strategies so you can get your websites a huge amount of links, which is what it takes to rank highly in Google.